The person who applies for finance should be the person who drives the car. The terms of the finance agreement will usually state that the applicant must be in charge of the car at all times. The dealer will complete the V5 form (log-book) and return it to the DVLA using the details of the person on the finance agreement. However, it is possible to submit a joint finance application and, if approved, you can ask the dealer to put your name on the log-book.

Mark as helpful. 8

Posted in: Car Finance Information